Friday, September 13, 2013

Czech Republic. Mirek Skrabal's Mugo on day 3






Day 3. Sunday and we all met at Mirek's for second breakfast. This consisted of a feast of different hams, eggs and assorted goodies. Also on the menu was a platter of traditionally cooked Lamb on the bone that had been freshly slaughtered and we could still hear them being killed as we tucked into it. Delicious!!!.


Thoroughly stuffed, it was time to get the creative juices flowing.
Mirek asked me to work on some cut stubbs on a very feminine Mugo. One of my favourites in his collection I might add.


Some of the upper branches were wired out and up for carving access

Another beautiful day for working outside


The first and lowest cut branch to be worked to be worked





Beautiful natural deadwood





The second had a natural jin that was preserved









Picture wouldnt straighten. Back of the work but I still like to add detail all the way round





Everybody's happy


Back in position









After lunch, which involved eating vast amounts of fresh Trout (I ate 5), I worked on the dead top of another Pine.

 The Trout came straight from the pond and onto the Barbeque and were washed down with local wine. Doesn't get much better than this!


Light was fading fast so I stopped before mistakes were made.

We had a huge platter of Wild Boar to eat anyway.

I hope I get the opportunity to return and carry on the work I have started with all the trees and some more. I have been asked back and can't wait for the next episode....





2 comments:

  1. Will

    What an adventure and fantastic to read you had a fab time with Pavel and Mirek. Looks like you had plenty to eat also

    Regards

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work continues to inspire me even in my darkest bonsai dayz. Keep up the good work and hope to see you soon,

    Love, Peace & Bananas,
    Simon

    ReplyDelete